April 1, 2010

Review: Werther's Sugar Free Hard Candies

This is a compensated review by BlogHer and Werther's.




Most of my readers at, Cheat Day Cafe, know that I started a Biggest Loser competition at my church on March 1st. I needed a gimmick to get me motivated to eat better, exercise and lose weight. I am happy to say that in the last month, I have lost 14 pounds! It has been such a good thing for me.

The key for me has been to calm my raging sweet tooth!

You know what I realized this month? I realized that I can completely relate to a smoker or a coffee drinker who HAS to have a cigarette or a coffee after a meal. I noticed that I totally crave sweets after a meal! So this week, instead of raiding the vending machine for a candy bar, I pulled out my bag of Werther's Sugar Free Hard Candies and was completely satisfied.

I was so happy to be a reviewer for Werther's Sugar Free Hard Candies. Everybody knows that they are the best regular caramels on the market, and you just get the sense that the people at Werther's don't like being second best. So I was sure that these sugar free candies would not be a disappointment.

I was lucky enough to sample all of the Werther's Sugar Free Hard Candies. There is the Werther's Original Caramel, Caramel Mint and Caramel Coffee. Each of these recipes include real butter and fresh cream. How could that NOT be a winner? They were all delicious! I knew that my favorite would be the Caramel Mint before I even tried them. I am just a mint kind of girl!

The newest flavor that will be out at Wal-Mart in April is Caramel Cinnamon. What a yummy, warm combo that is!

I think that using sugar free candies is a great way to incorporate sweets into my diet without going completely off track.

Thanks Werther's for the delicious sugar free candy and for helping me stay on my diet. I would highly recommend your products to anyone. And if you make a sugar free Caramel Apple flavor, I'll be a fan for life!

If you could create a Werther's Sugar Free Hard Candy flavor to help you stay on track, what would it be? I'd love to hear your ideas!

To learn more about Werther's Sugar Free Hard Candies, visit the Werther's website. And don't forget to visit the BlogHer.com special offers page.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Did you get to try the Cinnamon flavor? That sounds delicious!

Katrina said...

Caramel Mint--?? Sounds interesting.
Caramel Cinnamon--interesting also.

I could go for caramel banana! I love all things banana, even banana flavored candy.

Melody said...

Debbie-Yes I did try the cinnamon. They were really good. A very interesting flavor combination, but it works!

Katrina-Oh yes! Caramel banana sounds delicious!

Debbie said...

Well I may have to get some of the cinnamon ones -- I love anything cinnamon!

Susan said...

I love just the regular caramel ones...no need to create something new!

Sandra K said...

When I had a few of the caramel ones recently it felt like I was eating a yummy dessert. It's satisfying and for only a few calories. I wouldn't have more than one or two at once though as it can have a laxative effect. Most sugar free candies have these added ingredients that can make you feel very uncomfortable if you eat too much.

Amie said...

anything peanut butter and/or chocolate flavored is good for me!

amie
amiedanny@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your weight loss!!!
You must know by now that they did indeed come out with caramel apple sf candy, right?!
I only was able to grab one pack at walmart but I read they will be more places come this fall 2011!