This is sponsored content from BlogHer and The Laughing Cow.
I have a love/hate relationship with it. What about you? I always feel great when I'm done, but I DREAD getting started.
When I was a teenager I had a Garfield poster that read:
"I might as well exercise, I'm in a bad mood anyway."
That pretty much sums up my attitude about exercise.
To get myself motivated to exercise I have tried several techniques:
1. I keep an exercise calendar and put a sticker or "gold star" every day that I get my workout. I start to see that I am on all roll and I don't want to break the chain. I plan my workout on the calendar for the week so that I don't have any excuse not to get it done.
2. I set my DVR to record my favorite shows and I tell myself that I am not allowed to watch my shows unless I am on my recumbent bike or treadmill. This has been very effective in getting me out of bed!
3. I used to work just a couple miles away from my home. I would leave about 30 minutes before I was expected at work and walk there. It was a really nice walk. I had to go to work, so I thought that I might as well walk there and get my exercise done as well.
4. I've always required great tunes while I exercise. As I have "matured" I have really enjoyed books on tape and podcasts that can be downloaded to my ipod. They keep my mind interested and I get so caught up in the story or the discussion that time flies!
5. And then there is always this way of thinking that gets me to exercise: "If I exercise this morning....I'll be able to eat something yummy tonight when I go out!"
The secret is: Whatever gets you to exercise...DO IT! Make it fun. Give yourself goals and incentives. Remember how good a morning workout makes you feel when you can't drag yourself out of bed at 5 am!
Do you have a funny story? Tell me about it to be entered to win a $150 Visa gift card from Laughing Cow. Please keep your comments G-rated as any profanity or offensive content will automatically disqualify you from sweepstakes entry.
You should also visit The Daily Laugh Hub to read funny content each day. There you will also find 11 other chances to win $150 each month and weekly chances to win $100 at the "Play for Laughs" game. If you share something really funny, we may even use it in The Daily Laugh!
For official rules click here.